Developing children’s understanding in maths through reasoning and greater depth
Course date: two half days across the year: 27th November 2019 and 5th February 2020
Course venue: Bristol Primary School (venue TBC)
This two half day programme looks at ways to challenge and support all children with a wealth of opportunities for reasoning and ways to ‘go deeper’. It is aimed at class teachers from both KS1 and KS2, phase leaders or maths subject leaders from all types of schools.
- What is depth?
- How can we develop reasoning for pupils working at greater depth?
- Depth in arithmetic
- Conjectures and generalisations
- Low entry high ceiling tasks?
- Developing depth in problem solving
- Organisation in a mixed attaining class
The cost includes:
2 half days of CPD from specialist leaders of education who will be able to share successful strategies and ideas as well as provide practical ways forward for application in a classroom setting; There will be a gap task between the two sessions to give delegates the opportunity to apply their skills and feedback on the second session.
Delegates will be able to access to all the resources used on the programme which should support further professional development in school.
Dates for the programme are as follows:
- Wednesday 27th November 2019 (half day, 1.15pm – 4.30pm)
- Gap task to be completed between the two sessions
- Wednesday 5th February 2020 (half day 1.15pm – 4.30pm)
Book now using our secure online checkout.
You will not be required to enter payment details at this stage. We will send you an invoice for payment by cheque or bank transfer.
For further information, please e-mail BPTSA@bristol-schools.uk or just use the button!