Target Audience: Year 1 and Year 2 teachers / English subject leaders
This half day course focuses on the requirements for the teaching of grammar in relation to the SPAG assessment and also as a way to support children’s writing in light of the updated arrangements for the assessment of writing.
• To understand the requirements for grammar in the curriculum and assessment criteria
• To develop teacher subject knowledge
• To explore how grammar teaching can be embedded into the teaching of writing.
• To explore approaches to teaching grammar including games and activities that can be used in SPAG lessons
Who is it aimed at?
The course is aimed at year 1 and 2 teachers who wish to update their subject knowledge and refresh their approaches to teaching and/ or subject leaders who wish to refresh and update their knowledge of new approaches to the teaching of grammar at KS1.
• Reviewing and renewing subject knowledge
• Developing and sharing approaches to teaching SPAG
• Getting to grips with the requirements of the updated arrangements for the assessment of writing
• Developing approaches to the teaching of grammar embedded in the teaching of writing