Target Audience: teachers in KS1 or KS2, TAs, SENCOs
NEW this year, this half day will be delivered by Kate Lee-Wells and Tracy Jones, SLEs with particular specialisms in working with children with attachment needs. Both have worked in specialist provision and supported both mainstream and special settings so have a wealth of experience and expertise to share! The afternoon will focus on fundamental principles of attachment theory and strategies to support children who present challenging behaviour in school.
- To understand on a deeper level attachment and trauma difficulties in children – why and what?
- To explore how attachment and trauma can affect children’s development
- To understand the different attachment styles and how these may present to adults, families and peers;
- To begin to understand and use the 3 R’s- Regulate, Relate, Reason and
- To leave the afternoon with a range of strategies, practical solutions and ideas of how to work with children with a variety of attachment needs
Comments from previous delegates:
“Really made me think differently about behaviour and what I can do to help the children in my class”
“Some very useful yet simple strategies to take away and try”
“Engaging training – I would like to learn more “