Effective Grammar Teaching in Year 1 and Year 2 – improving SPAG and writing outcomes: 2017-2018
Year 1 and Year 2 teachers / English subject leaders
Friday 9th March 2018 (pm only, 1.15pm - 4.00pm)
Whitehall Primary School
Year 1 and 2 Effective Grammar Teaching – improving SPAG and writing outcomes
This half day course focuses on the requirements for the teaching of grammar in relation to the SPAG assessment and also as a way to support children’s writing in light of the updated arrangements for the assessment of writing.
• To understand the requirements for grammar in the curriculum and assessment criteria
• To develop teacher subject knowledge
• To explore how grammar teaching can be embedded into the teaching of writing.
• To explore approaches to teaching grammar including games and activities that can be used in SPAG lessons
Who is it aimed at?
The course is aimed at year 1 and 2 teachers who wish to update their subject knowledge and refresh their approaches to teaching and/ or subject leaders who wish to refresh and update their knowledge of new approaches to the teaching of grammar at KS1.
• Reviewing and renewing subject knowledge
• Developing and sharing approaches to teaching SPAG
• Getting to grips with the requirements of the interim arrangements for the assessment of writing
• Developing approaches to the teaching of grammar embedded in the teaching of writing
Are you looking to train to be a primary school teacher next year in Bristol? Apply now via UCAS to our school direct training programme or pop in to visit us during our drop in session on 5th Feb @ 4.30 to find out more. #traintoteach#teaching#bristolbptsa.org/initial-teache…
Our next NRich maths day is nearly here!
8th March at Whitehall Primary.
Knowing Mathematics - Making the most of mistakes: examine common misconceptions, build resilience and perseverance, and explore ways in which mistake-making can be a powerful tool.