Bristol real PE Hub
We are excited to announce that the Bristol Primary Teaching School has been successful in winning a DfE national bid to support the improvement of PE and gymnastics teaching in the city. In partnership with Create Development, we are one of only nine DfE funded PE hubs across the country in a pilot programme, testing models of delivery in the year ahead.
Our bid looks in detail at upskilling whole staff with PE and gymnastics teaching – and includes full schemes of work and lesson plans based on the highly regarded real PE and real gym programmes which many schools have adopted over the last few years in the city. The bid also supports children and families to increase activity levels beyond their lessons at school. We aim to work closely with a PE lead in each school, to deliver high quality training and to support them to drive http://www.buyantibioticshere.com change whilst ensuring sports premium funding is used effectively and shows good value for money.
Schools will receive (all free of charge):
- 3 days of subject leader training – to upskill your PE lead and to support them to implement a new PE and gymnastics curriculum school wide;
- 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of ‘core’ real PE training for all of your staff;
- 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of ‘core’ real gym training for all of your staff;
- Up to 2 days of in school support per school with a lead professional /supporting your staff: answering questions, supporting implementation, demonstrating lessons, mentoring, recapping sessions, observing and reviewing;
- A pupil survey to measure activity levels and engagement;
- A staff survey to measure confidence and changes to their practice;
- Assessment tools for children which track their activity levels and social & personal skills;
- An online support tool to look at progress with Sports Premium funding;
- Hard copies of PE and gym resources and schemes of work / lesson plans for each year group and online resources written by national experts for staff and pupils to ensure lesson delivery is of exceptional quality;
- Real play home logins for EYFS to encourage family engagement and increasing of activity levels at home for youngest pupils and;
- Jasmine Log in – the online portal for all staff across the school, with all programmes included for a year.
Does your school:
- Need to make improvements to your PE and gymnastics provision and wish to make sustainable and long term improvements to their PE curriculum?
- Have the capacity and openness to implement a new PE curriculum and scheme of work;
- Have a motivated PE lead who has potential to drive change across the school?
- Work a model where PE and gymnastics is taught by your class teachers who may not have specialist subject knowledge or the confidence to teach high quality lessons?
- Have limited funding or capacity to create lesson plans and resources to support the delivery of high quality PE?
- Wish to work with a skilled PE specialist to plan and track your school’s sports premium funding to ensure good value for money?
- Want to work towards creating a healthier, more active and happier school and meeting the Youth Sport Trust 30:30 offer to increase activity levels outside of timetabled PE?
- Show willing to use this project as the starting point, and have the ambition to drive change past the dates of this project?
Schools will need a commitment to:
- Be part of a prestigious DfE funded pilot of PE and gymnastics in a small network of Bristol primary schools.
- Release your PE lead for 3 days of training to upskill them and support them to implement a new PE and gymnastics curriculum school wide.
- Make time for 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of ‘core’ real PE training for all of your staff;
- Make time for 1 day (or equivalent twilights / staff meetings) of ‘core’ real gym training for all of your staff;
- Facilitate and agree time with a lead teacher for up to 2 days to support and demonstrate good practice in your school;
- Carry out relevant staff and pupil surveys and a review in line with the project aims;
- Implement the real PE and real gym programmes in each year group, which will be delivered by your teaching staff;
- Make use of the tracking and reporting tools;
Successful schools have now been chosen and this information has been shared.
To share or read this online, please follow this link: https://spark.adobe.com/page/wSdBcx14gCacs/