- Fonthill Primary School
- Inclusion leader, SENDCo, Reading Recovery teacher
Areas of expertise:
- SEND – systems, processes and provision
- Support for new SENDCos
- Teaching and Learning, particularly around reading
Melanie is an experienced SENCO and Inclusion leader and has a proven track record of supporting her own and other schools to develop best practises in SEND. This has included:
- developing effective and efficient systems and processes to identify, record and monitor SEND
- mapping provision to deliver support at Waves 2 and 3 to meet a wide range of pupil needs, including effective use of Pupil Premium funding at EYFS, KS1 and KS2 and applications for top-up funding
- leading staff meetings and CPD
She has gained the National Award for SEND Co-ordination and the NPQSL. She was recognised by the national Shine a Light awards for her work in developing speech, language and communication practices.
Melanie is also a Reading Recovery teacher and leads on Every Child a Reader and the reading curriculum across the school. She has specialist knowledge about supporting children who are struggling to learn to read.
Melanie is solution-driven and can find a simple pathway through the most complex of situations.