The Outstanding Teacher Programme is aimed at teachers who are currently effective and have the capacity to support others and secure consistently outstanding teaching and learning.
This programme is for teachers who are, or have the potential to be, consistently outstanding. The programme aims to further develop practice and so enable participants to support the teaching and learning across their school through coaching, mentoring and support.
The programme gives teachers a set of high level skills and strategies that enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
It helps teachers to:
- demonstrate high level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils
- coach colleagues in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels
- create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced
Participants focus on a range of aspects of teaching and learning such as innovation, challenge, engagement, assessment, differentiation, questioning and planning in the context of outstanding teaching.
The programme will be facilitated by accredited SLEs over 10 weeks, with sessions focusing on teaching and learning, coaching and in school practice. Some sessions are based in the participants own school.
- Teachers need a strong commitment to teaching and learning and show they are inspiring individuals with strong interpersonal skills
- Teachers should have at least 3 years teaching experience
- Teachers should have a commitment to professional development and the ability to truly reflect in their practice
The outline of the programme is as follows:
Session 1: Teaching and Learning 1 - 9:00am - 12:00pm (Half Day) 22nd Nov
Session 2: Teaching and Learning 2 - 9:00am - 3:00pm (Full Day) 29th Nov
Session 3: SCHOOL BASED DAY - NO FACE TO FACE THIS WEEK - Week of 4th Dec
Session 4: - 9:00am - 3:00pm Coaching - 10th Jan
Session 5: SCHOOL PRACTICE NO FACE TO FACE - Week of 15th Jan
Session 6: 9:00am - 12:00am (Half Day) Coaching - 24th Jan
Session 7: Teaching and Learning 3 9:00am - 12:00am (Half Day) - 31st Jan
Session 8: SCHOOL PRACTICE NO FACE TO FACE - Week of 5th Feb
Session 9: Teaching and Learning 4 9:00am- 12:00pm (Half Day) - 21st Feb
Session 10: Teaching and Learning 5 9:00am - 12:00pm (Half Day) - 28th Feb