The National Professional Qualification of Middle Leadership NPQML
The NPQML – a nationally accredited programme for middle leaders, facilitated by experienced local school leaders
National Professional Qualification for Middle Leadership: NPQML
Who is it aimed at?
Accredited by the Department for Education, this nationally recognised programme is aimed at early years, primary and secondary colleagues who are, or are aspiring to become, a middle leader with responsibility for leading a team such as subject leader, curriculum development lead or Key Stage leader.
Starting in February 2018, the NPQML programme takes around 12 months to complete and involves:
- A twilight launch event for delegates and mentors
- 4 full day face to face core training sessions facilitated by outstanding senior leaders from across the region
- Minimum of 1 elective module session (½ day) on one or more of the following areas:
Leading in an inner city school; Accelerating outcomes of disadvantaged pupils; staff well-being; leading in a faith school context; leading in the Early Years; SEND.
- School based improvement project and case study (4500 words)
- Self-directed professional reading
- Individual leadership profiling
- Support from school based mentor
- ½ day assessment presentation
- Opportunity to gain credits (Bath Spa University)
During the programme delegates will develop their 7 leadership behaviours:
commitment; collaboration; personal drive; awareness; respect; resilience and integrity.
In addition, delegates complete and collect evidence against 6 areas of study:
- leading with impact;
- increasing capability;
- working in partnership;
- strategy and improvement;
- teaching and curriculum excellence and;
- managing resources and risk.
Where is the programme delivered?
Delegates can choose to access this programme at either of our 3 hubs:
- Whitehall Primary School, Bristol
- Backwell School, North Somerset
- Corsham Primary School, Wiltshire
Hubs can be made up from participants from any Local Authority region, for example, someone who lives in Bristol and works in Wiltshire could attend the Bristol hub.
£750 per delegate*
*reduced by 20% to £600 for eligible participants / schools if you meet one or more of the following criteria:
- The applicant is from a school with more than 30% of children currently in receipt of Free School Meals (not Pupil Premium figures) as referenced on the latest DfE school performance tables website;
- The applicant is from a BME background
- The applicant’s school has <150 pupils on roll as referenced on the latest DfE school performance tables website.
* OR a 10% reduction to full course fees will be applied to the second and subsequent applicants if more than one person from your school makes an application to participate in the same cohort of NPQML.
Making your application:
The window for application is now open and now closes with our deadline extended beyond the Christmas holidays to
Monday 8th January 2018 at 12.00pm
Places will be allocated in January 2018 with programmes beginning in February 2018.
To download an application form, please use the link here:
When completed, pleasure return by email to: NPQ@TeachingSchools.org.uk