Effective Grammar Teaching in Year 3 and Year 4 – improving SPAG and writing outcomes: 2017-2018
Year 3 and Year 4 teachers / English subject leaders / HLTAs
Jane Carter + English SLEs
Friday 16th March 2018 (pm) - 1.15pm - 4.00pm
Whitehall Primary School
Effective Grammar Teaching in Year 3 and Year 4 – improving SPAG and writing outcomes
This half day course focuses on the requirements for the teaching of grammar in relation to the National Curriculum and also how teachers can support the progression of children’s skills and knowledge.
• To understand the requirements for grammar in the curriculum
• To develop teacher subject knowledge
• To explore how grammar teaching can be embedded into the teaching of writing.
• To explore approaches to teaching grammar including games and activities that can be used in SPAG lessons
Who is it aimed at?
The course is aimed at year 3 and 4 teachers as well as subject leaders who wish to update their subject knowledge and refresh their approaches to teaching of grammar in lower KS2.
• Reviewing and renewing subject knowledge
• Developing and sharing approaches to teaching SPAG
• Developing approaches to the teaching of grammar embedded in the teaching of writing