Effective Grammar Teaching in Year 1 and Year 2 – improving SPAG and writing outcomes: 2017-2018
Year 1 and Year 2 teachers / English subject leaders
Friday 9th March 2018 (pm only, 1.15pm - 4.00pm)
Whitehall Primary School
Year 1 and 2 Effective Grammar Teaching – improving SPAG and writing outcomes
This half day course focuses on the requirements for the teaching of grammar in relation to the SPAG assessment and also as a way to support children’s writing in light of the updated arrangements for the assessment of writing.
• To understand the requirements for grammar in the curriculum and assessment criteria
• To develop teacher subject knowledge
• To explore how grammar teaching can be embedded into the teaching of writing.
• To explore approaches to teaching grammar including games and activities that can be used in SPAG lessons
Who is it aimed at?
The course is aimed at year 1 and 2 teachers who wish to update their subject knowledge and refresh their approaches to teaching and/ or subject leaders who wish to refresh and update their knowledge of new approaches to the teaching of grammar at KS1.
• Reviewing and renewing subject knowledge
• Developing and sharing approaches to teaching SPAG
• Getting to grips with the requirements of the interim arrangements for the assessment of writing
• Developing approaches to the teaching of grammar embedded in the teaching of writing
If you do nothing else today, take a look at the brilliant STEM website, it's great. Lots of fantastic materials, free resources, funding for CPD, opportunities to be part of the Polar Express programme....
Final day of @BristolPTSA OTP1 - you are all a real credit to your schools and the teaching profession. You totally 'DR ICE'd it! Well done - good luck in all that you do from this point onwards. Keep +1ing!! pic.twitter.com/YMqOYfuv7K